Monday, January 6, 2014

5 Ways to Make Your Marriage ROCK!


I love my husband more than life itself.

It's a kind of love that I have never felt before. 
An unconditional type of love that I don't even have to question-on either ends. I have never been so secure or fulfilled in a relationship or within myself before.
 Though this is not my first marriage, I have learned a lot along the way to get me to where I am now. I am so thankful for it and what my divorce as taught me. My divorce has made my marriage today ROCK!

Here is what I have learned.

Nonstop Communication. 
Yup, this is a biggie. If you cannot do this, one of you will be left feeling unhappy, unwanted, or even lonely. Want to make your marriage rock? Talk like you just met yesterday. NEVER stop learning about your significant other. This was a huge issue in my last marriage-we rarely communicated and his excuse was "We already discussed the day and there's nothing to talk about." WRONG! There is always something to talk about. No, you do not have to talk every second, every minute, and every hour of every day. But it does not help to strike up a good conversation to show you care. Even the smallest compliment can brighten your spouse's day. My current husband and I usually talk every hour, whether its a small text or a quick phone call to see how the day is going. Or a simple "I love you" or "I miss you" does the trick.

Don't Stop Dating
Never stop dating your spouse. Ever. Just because you are married does not mean the excitement should end; though, sadly, that is exactly what happens to a lot of couples out there. Dates do not have to be expensive to be romantic or fun. My husband and I love taking a a walk down the pier at our local beach with a loaf of bread to feed the seagulls. May sound cheesy, but we are just as happy doing that as we would be going to a 5 star restaurant and ordering caviar and champagne. I also love cooking for myself and doing at home dates. Nothing sounds better to me than curling up beside my partner on the couch and being thankful for all of the little blessings we have received. With all of that being said, do splurge every once and a while to take things up a notch. Make dinner reservations or go on a trip. Go see a live band or a new movie. The options are endless.

Give Compliments
Make your spouse feel good about himself or herself! Give a compliment. A few nice words can go a long way. My husband got a haircut the other day and he seeked my approval-without him asking me what I thought of it, I smiled when I saw him and told him that his haircut looked great! It really made his day. Men do want approval and compliments. Women often do not realize this. They need validation just as much as we do, but for different reasons. They want to take pride while women want to feel loved.

Flirt
Don't stop showing each other how much you desire them. This goes hand in hand with all 3 tips above. Spice things up! Make your man know that you still want him the same as you did during those courtship days. Send him a sexy photo during the day or a sexy text message.

Take Interest In The Other's Hobbies & Desires
This is very important. You and your husband or wife are two very different people. No two people are virtually the same with the same needs, wants, thoughts, and feelings. Respect his or her hobbies. Play that Xbox game with him or watch a football game that he likes. Go shopping with her or talk to her about her friends. RELATE to one another. If you cannot do this, you cannot connect. Showing interest in your spouse's interests says a lot about you and your position as a wife or husband. Try it for one day. Do something they love to do. See their face brighten up!

Now go make your marriage ROCK!!!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment